Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Last week's savings jackpots!

We had another fun filled summer week!

Austin went to two classes at Michael's arts and crafts, we went to storytime at the library, swam at the YMCA waterpark, and met up with some friends at the park.

Our friends invited us to their daughter's first birthday party.  We had a nice time and got her a cute bath in a bucket gift using an upcycled can.  (see my post titled "Repurposing with duct tape")

We took Austin to Monster's University and went to the AMC matinee before noon to get the cheaper ticket price.

I made baby food pears, peas, peaches, and squash.

We made no butter banana bread and cookies with red, white and blue M&Ms!

I made 10 handmade cards.

There was a 50% off deal for a painting class.  I used the birthday money from my sister to sign up for 2 spots for the price of 1 and brought her with me.  The painting is a Cabo San Lucas beach scene that I can hang in the new bathroom.  We had a fun night together doing this!

We ate out once this week at Panera Bread which was the night Ryan repainted the master bath!
Here is the finished bathtub!! The final touch will be glass sliding doors that are set to arrive this week.
It took us five months to complete but being able to pay cash as we went and using spare time for Ryan to do all the work himself or with some help from friends and family made it all worth it!

Ryan's parents took us out to Olive Garden on his mom's birthday on Saturday.  I ordered her a gift she really wanted from Etsy awhile back and then got her a cute outdoor rug that says "Nana's House" at JoAnn's using a 40% off coupon plus the 15% off teacher discount.

I also purchased a case of quart size canning jars on sale at JoAnn's for 25% off plus my teacher discount.  The sale goes until July 13, so I'm hoping they will get more in stock as I also want pint/half pint sizes too.

I bought a small amount of black swim fabric to sew an insert into a swimsuit that is a little too low cut in the chest.  It is one of those nice "suck-you-in" suits that would cost at least $50 to replace and it's hard to find cute suits that are appropriate for family swimming situations.

We made strawberry yogurt popsicles with some strawberries that were starting to get too ripe.  They were deliciouse: a handful of strawberries, tsp of sugar, and a few scoops of vanilla yogurt pureed then poured into popsicle molds.  YUMMY!!
Austin enjoying his strawberry yogurt pop!

My husband and I were asked to speak in church last Sunday.  Our topic was on the Blessing of Eternal Marriage.  I joined the LDS church in 2003 and met and married Ryan in 2004.  We were married in the San Diego Temple.  I spent a lot of time last week reflecting on our 8 years of marriage and reading various talks on the subject by our church leaders.  It was a great blessing to not only celebrate how far we've come in our marraige together and the effort we've both made to stay strong, but also to note those things which we need to keep working on (like doing Temple work more often).  To share our stories and these blessings with others was so uplifting.  click here for more information about the church


No comments:

Post a Comment