Sunday, June 16, 2013

Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love homemade cookies.  I can easily eat 4-5 without a second thought.  So can my boys!  I have been creating variations of cookie recipes for awhile now, and they are my common go-to these days as I need to really be careful with the butters and oils that I eat.

Now when you exclude butter from your cookies, they are going to puff up and be very "cakey".  However, I think they are more filling that way and my cookie monster still loves them.  At 89 calories each, you really can't go wrong.  If you want a buttery tasting, flat, moist cookie, well sorry that doesn't exist without adding butter.  I also suggest if you are storing these cookies for more than 2 days (is that even possible?) that you freeze them.

Viva Mom's Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies 
Ingredients:
1 cup natural, unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs 
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375, mix applesauce with sugars, add soda/eggs/vanilla.  Add flours and mix til smooth.  Stir in chips.  Use ice cream scoop to measure 30 evenly sized mounds on sprayed cookie sheets.  Bake about 12-15 min until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment