Monday, September 15, 2014

...and I even ironed!

It was a most productive weekend! We went to a birthday on Friday night at my cousin's house and the kids had a great time playing together.

Austin's first soccer game was Saturday morning. It was thoroughly entertaining! He played goalie and did a great job for his first "real game". The coach asked him at half time if he wanted a break and he said no, so he played the whole game. He said he was so tired, I asked why he didn't take a break, he said "My team needed me!"

Is this my kid or what?

After the game, we had a fun lunch at Firehouse Subs then headed home to get some work done. I got most of my list checked off including laundry, some cleaning, and I even ironed everyone's clothes for church!! 

By 9 pm, my back was screaming, so I iced it and took a shower and crashed. 

Our Sunday was enjoyable as well. We got together with my cousin's family and his inlaws who also live in town for dinner and fellowship.

Here are my efforts and savings this week:
*Baked 2 loaves of whole wheat bread. Measured dry ingredients to freeze for a future batch. 
*Made homemade granola bars
*Made cream of chicken soup dry mix *I love this mix, it's much cheaper and healthier than canned soup! Here are the directions on how to make it and my fave recipes using the mix Cream of Chicken Soup Mix
*Made pancakes for the freezer
*Made a double batch of dish washer detergent. 
*Finished a project I've been planning for awhile with Austin's artwork.  I will be posting details in a future post. 
*Cut up the face wipes I use to remove my eye makeup into smaller squares and put them in an airtight container. 

I had my first stamp club this week ad had a great time crafting with friends! I played with some of my new products from Stampin Up and made this cute little banner to hang by my classroom door for fall. 


Dinners this week:
Monday: tonight I made cheesy chicken rice with broccoli
Tuesday: tacos with leftover frozen meat
Wednesday: Italian casserole with salad
Thursday: baked potatoes with veggies/salad
Friday: homemade pizza
Saturday: white chicken chili and cornbread 
Sunday: family dinner

I compared beef prices at the grocery store and they are worse than Costco. In addition to 2-3 meatless meals a week, you can freeze 1/2 of the beef when you brown a pound to use for another dish. 

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment