Monday, September 1, 2014

Back to school!

Well we all survived our first week back in school. My high school autism class has the same students I had last year minus one who aged out over the summer, so we pretty much picked back up where we left off. Austin had a great week in first grade, he loves his teacher, and also started practicing with his soccer team. We joined the NW Las Vegas Youth Soccer league and it was very reasonable for the three month season. Practice will be twice a week with games on Saturdays, so it will be just enough activity for us. 

This weekend was mostly spent cleaning and organizing with a few errands here and there. I'm trying to keep my energy up, but it's hard with this baby. She is a strong kicker, at 22 weeks I can now see and feel the kicks from the outside. I didn't need to do much baking except for a batch of pancakes to freeze for the week and a chocolate pudding pie for Sunday dessert. 

I made crockpot meals all weekend since it was so hot. I had some leftover burger buns that needed to be used so I cooked and shredded some chicken in the crock and added some Parmesan, parsley and a little ranch dressing for chicken ranch sandwiches. I saved my beef stew for tonight and will serve it with a loaf of french bread. 

This week's Dinner menu:
Monday: crockpot beef stew
Tuesday: cheesy chicken rice and salad 
Wednesday: hamburgers and veggie sticks
Thursday: crockpot chicken and vegetables with tangy sauce (cream of chicken soup mix with a little white vinegar)
Friday: pizza 
Saturday: going to a BBQ
Sunday: chicken Parmesan, French bread, and salad


No comments:

Post a Comment