Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ready for cooler weather

This week went by insanely fast! I had my school open house and  have started getting leg cramps at night, so by Thursday, I needed a night off. I was hungry for Mimi's Cafe corn chowder, so sent the hubby for take out. Other than that, I was good about cooking all week!

Friday night I had a great time with my Bunco group and tied for first place. I lost the roll off but still won my money back plus a little more. 

Austin had his soccer game on Saturday morning.  It was ridiculously hot and humid, so I brought the kids suits so they could run around in the splash pads at the park after the game. That night, my mother in law watched Amilia so we could take Austin to Dolphin Tale 2.  He has been doing great and was selected by his teacher to be the student of the week!

Cooling off at the park!

Accomplishments and savings this week:

*Ryan cut Austin's hair 
*Made a casserole for a funeral at church so doubled it for our weekend lunches 
*Made French toast and pancakes and froze the leftovers
*Made banana oatmeal muffins with the bananas getting too ripe
*Austin and I worked on a craft project together.  We reused a cardboard box and covered it with scrapbook paper to make a doghouse for his stuffed dog
*Used my Children's Place cash to order pants for Austin and a birthday gift for my neice

Dinner menu:

Monday: lemon penne pasta and salad 
Tuesday: chicken enchiladas from freezer
Wednesday: hamburger stroganoff and salad (Freeze half of the beef)
Thursday: chicken vegetable soup with French bread
Friday: tacos with other half of beef cooked on Wednesday 
Saturday: homemade pizza
Sunday: it's our turn to cook, I will be making crockpot chicken and dumplings 


No comments:

Post a Comment