Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baby travel kit

I wish I would have set up something like this when I had my first baby!  I hate lugging around a huge diaper bag when I'm just going out for a short time.  So now I have created a set up of on-the-go diaper and feeding supplies that will easily fit into my regular purse.

 I bought a set of 10 mini containers at Dollar Tree.  I put formula in three containers labeled with the amount of water required to make the bottle and numbered them.  I put rice cereal in three containers and numbered them.  I have several of the travel Huggies containers that come with the Costco cases.  I put one diaper, a small stack of wipes in a Ziploc sandwich bag, and two paper towels (still connected) folded up to use as a liner for the changing table.  I decorated them with stickers and numbered them so I know when I've used the 3rd one, I need to refill them.


For the feeding kit, I used a plastic school box.  I place a little juice (stored in fridge) with bib and spoon and cereal.  A little container of formula can fit in here too, then I can slip a bottle in the side of my purse.  
All of these are set on my counter with some spare diapers and wipes in the back so that everything I need to refill the kits is in the kitchen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment