Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shopping this week!

When we were across town taking pictures with the in laws, we stopped by a custom tile shop where we found decorative tile on clearance for $6 a square foot.  We had priced subway tile at Home Depot for our master bath remodel for $2.50 per sq ft and decided to do a simple strip of decorative tile that was $15 per sq ft as a nice touch that wouldn't cost a fortune.  The clearance tile at the specialty shop was actually even prettier so we saved over 50%!

Went to Kohl's for a few things that the family needed.  We had a 15% off coupon, $10 Kohl's cash and another $5 in store coupons, so the total was very low.

Started going to Winco on Saturday nights since my weeknights are busier now.  Spent $52 for everything we needed this week which included diapers and a small turkey breast for lunch meat.  The baby is getting close to growing out of size 2 so I don't want to buy a huge case at Costco until she's in size 3.  I got Pampers brand as it was over 75 cents cheaper than Huggies.  Fuji apples were 78 cents/lb and 3 pack of romaine lettuce hearts was $2.48 (higher than last week, but still below my $3 limit).  Cream cheese went up 20 cents, but the sour cream I get went down the same so it evened out.  Make sure you tell the cashier when you bring your own reusable bags, as you save 6 cents per bag.  I usually bring at least 5 so I save 30 cents on that.  My goal in March is to get my weekly Winco trip down to $40 a week and my total monthly budget for Costco down to $150.

No comments:

Post a Comment