Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Costco and Winco deals week of Feb 4th!

Costco savings booklet valid January 31-Feb 24, 2013
There are some good deals this month!  I went to Costco this week with only $75 budgeted for the trip.  I got everything on my list, plus two additional things and spent $65.  Some of the great coupons are:  Mott's Medley's fruit snacks for $3 off and Quaker Granola bars $3 off (I didn't get these as I make my own gran bars and the way my son eats, I would rather buy him Fruit by the Foots). Cetaphil lotion (I can use this for the whole family) is $4 off. I paid $6.73 for the huge jar of moisturizing cream and can put it in little containers and throw one in my purse, one in my bathroom, one in the kids' bathroom and it will probably last us 6-8 months.  The Tyson chicken nuggets are $4 off making them $8.99 for a 5 lb bag (for the cost of 3 happy meals, I can make 20 lunches for my son).  Dove bar soap is $3 off making it $12.49 for 16 bars.  This is the last ingredient I needed to purchase for making my own laundry soap.  I am also going to try to use it for making my own body wash.
Costco produce has not been the greatest lately.  But I did purchase some lovely asparagus that has just been stocked, 2.25 lbs for $4.99.  That is the price for a pound at the grocery stores and it is not nearly as thick and fresh.

Over at Winco, the Del Monte pasta sauce and ketchup is still going on for 48 cents each.  Broccoli crowns 68 cents a lb, Cucumbers 38 cents each.  Apples are up to 98 cents a pound, so I just bought a few.  I bought some produce, splurged on some Valentine candy, and got the rest of the basics on my list and spent $23.

It feels so good to simplify my shopping and save money based on the way I cook now!

No comments:

Post a Comment