Sunday, April 14, 2013

Not so much saving this week April 14th

We had a scare this week with my husband needing to go to the hospital for tests after he had been experiencing some abdominal pain for a few days (which he didn't tell me) and then was admitted for emergency surgery to remove his appendix!!

So the kids and I had some fast food, cookies and blended ice beverages with white chocolate cream and mint syrup (yummy) bought at the hospital snack shop for me, and extra gas used to drive to and from the hospital mulitple times over three days.

Well he's home now and hopefully on the mend, but in the meantime, he can't carry the baby or really hold her or feed her.  While he was resting Saturday, I took the kids to this Discover the Dinosaurs event which was very fun and Austin loved it, but pricey!

On the up side...

We were blessed with food from coworkers and family over the weekend.

I made a chocolate cake from scratch for Ryan's birthday which was today.

Austin and I both made cards for him instead of purchasing them.





No comments:

Post a Comment