Sunday, April 7, 2013

Shopping trip April 5th

Did my Friday night shopping and I didn't go to Winco this week (gasp!).  I decided that since I already needed to go to Smith's caselot sale and to Walmart, I did not need to go to a third store.

Smith's- the caselot sale is going on now, so I shopped there for the first time in several months.  None of the canned goods on case sale are a good deal, these are cheaper at Winco with their everyday prices.  The only canned goods I usually get at Smith's caselot are the cream of ___ soups and they didn't have that offered this time!  So the good deals in my opinion are: Kroger peanut butter for $1.65 (I use alot of PB and it is an easy emergency food storage item), Kroger apple juice for $1.65 and 5 lb bags of flour for $1.69.  The flour is about the same price per pound as I can get at Costco, but easier to store in the smaller bags.  The sugar on sale is not a good deal, can get this much cheaper at Costco.  I bought my stock up items and a few Easter candy on clearance and spent just over $20 thanks to an additional $5 off coupon my hubby gave me from this Boy Scout discout card he got.  I realized I had a bunch of points racked up that I didn't redeem, so I applied them to get my gas 30 cents off per gallon!

Walmart- I can't stand this place, I forgot something and had to go again on Saturday and it was not fun.  However, it is the closest store to my house and since I can get the price match it's easier to go here.

Food 4 Less has Betty Crocker fruit snacks 10 packs for 98 cents a box when you buy 4!  Coupons.com has a coupon 50 cents off when you buy 2 so they are 73 cents a box, you can print 2.  Show the add to the clerk at Walmart and then use the coupons.  My son was excited to have fruit snacks because I only buy them when they are this cheap!  I bought the rest of my groceries here and including baby formula, I spent $40 on food for the week.  I also purchased some non-food items separately for things I need for Austin's new room.

JoAnn's- bought fabric for Austin's room which was all on sale, plus I got 15% off from their teacher discount!  


No comments:

Post a Comment