Sunday, March 3, 2013

Jackpot of savings March 3rd

It was a busy week, but a good one!  We saved in many ways.

We did not eat out this week as a family.  I had a very rough Friday, so I went out with some work friends and treated myself to some buffalo chicken.  On Saturday night, we went as a family to Golden Spoon for frozen yogurt using the 2 for 1 text alert I received.  I shared with Austin and Ryan shared his a little with the baby so we were all happy and it was a gorgeous night!

Saturday, I took the kids to Austin's soccer meeting and packed a picnic lunch for us to enjoy at the park with a friend.  The soccer program is a non-profit (E-Soccer) and only cost us $30 which includes a team shirt and goes for 8 sessions.  While we were out, Ryan did the demo job on the master bath shower unit with some help from his dad.

After church on Sunday, I did my baking marathon.  I usually only spend about 3-4 hours including clean-up each week to tackle my list of baking tasks.  This week I accomplished the following:

-baby food pears and squash  ($1.34 and made about 26 servings of squash!)

-double batch of chocolate chip pancakes to freeze

-two large and four small loaves of french bread

-two loaves of whole wheat bread (finally made a loaf that baked right! LOL, whole wheat bread is much more difficult to master)  whole wheat bread recipe

-Apple Fruit Crumble to take to the in law's for Sunday dinner




No comments:

Post a Comment