Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saving money March 17

Saving where we could was important this week with the need for new clothes and shoes and expenses for the renovations.

We discovered that the exterior wall of Austin's room had some mold damage between two studs from a cracked roof tile that caused leaking during the insane monsoons we had last fall.  I kept the kids out of the house one evening while Ryan took care of the mold.  The missionaries in our ward also offered to help to put the dry wall up and we got the mold resistant kind. Hopefully we can do it right this time and prevent any future issues.

The night we had to be out of the house was the only night the kids and I ate out and we went to Chili's since I had a free kids meal coupon.

I waxed my own eyebrows and facial hair.  I combined trips to save on gas and didn't have to fill up this week!

After church today, we had leftovers from last night's dinner for lunch and then while the baby napped, I had about 3 hours to accomplish the following:

-Made four large loaves of french bread
-Prepared dinner for a family in our ward who just had a baby (I doubled the recipe and put half in fridge for our dinner tomorrow night)
-Made chocolate chip cookies, saved some for us, the rest for the family along with some salad and a loaf of french bread
-Pureed baby food peaches and applesauce





No comments:

Post a Comment