Sunday, March 24, 2013

Saving money this week, March 24

It's Spring Break!!!!!!  
We had some busy evenings last week, so unfortunately we had a McDonald's night and a Panda Express night, so didn't save so much there.  However, I plan on cooking all week while I'm off so we can balance things back out.

My savings this week included:
Made baby food peas (48 servings for $1.98) and baby food carrots (30 servings for 88 cents)

Made french bread (these were my best loaves yet)
Don't these look delish?

Made homemade granola bars

Made homemade dishwasher detergent (equal parts borax and baking soda)

Worked on homemade Easter gifts for my kids (felt finger puppets and little felt stuffed animals), will post pics when completed!  

Spent very little on Easter basket fillers for the kids, mainly purchasing consumable items except for my handmade gifts.  

A girl from church babysat our children for free as a service so Ryan and I could go to the Temple this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment