Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekly shopping trip March 3rd

Went to Target to get baby formula with my $5 off coupon and $10 gift card.  While I was there, I saw cases of Huggies diapers on clearance for $26 which is lower per diaper than what I typically pay at Costco, so I took advantage of that!  If you shop frequently at Target, the Shopkick app gives you points whenever you simply enter certain stores and the points add up to gift cards.  I have forgotten twice to pull up the app when I walk in so I need to get better at remembering that.

I accomplished my under $40 goal at Winco by only spending $37.55 on all we needed for groceries this week.  There wasn't any great sales, but the 18 count eggs of $1.88 wasn't bad.  I got 36 cents off for my reusable bags and finally found some coupons worth printing from my coupons.com app which saved a total of $4.

Most coupons don't do me any good because most of what I buy at the store is dairy, produce, meat and baking items which rarely have coupons.  Austin got a treat this week as there was a good coupon for fruit snacks and the current sale price was low enough to be able to splurge!


1 comment:

  1. Totally hear you on the coupon stuff... most don't apply to me at all. I have been mindful to use my rewards and have saved some money that way - they add up :)

    ReplyDelete