Sunday, March 10, 2013

Winco and Costco deals this week

Costco's March coupons started March 7th.  I am vowing to go to Costco only once per month and limit my budget there to $150.  The coupons this month are great, just about everything I needed had a coupon.  Diet Pepsi 36 packs are $2 off making them $7.65 each, Bounce dryer sheets $1.75 off, Clear Care contact solution $3 off, Skinny Cow ice cream $2.50 off ($7.24 for 24 sandwiches), Dove shampoo and conditioner $2 off, Nestle chocolate chips $2.20 off.  I ended up spending $161 (over just a little) and had $27 in coupons tendered.

My Winco trip came to $42 this week.  I needed my weekly dairy, produce and misc items.  Some good deals I found were Maya's tortillas (white or whole wheat) 12 pack for 88 cents.  These are only 70 calories per tortilla so we love them!  Pillsbury brownie mix was 68 cents.  I bought 2 to have on hand to whip something quick for company.  Glad sandwich bags were $1.78 for 100 bags which was cheaper than Winco's  HyTop brand.  I go through sandwich bags often with my homemade snacks, so I bought a few to stock up since they weren't on coupon at Costco.

2 comments:

  1. I write a blog on 1/2 price shopping. I love WinCo for something's. I keep a price book for my most often bought items and stock them when they are the cheapest. WinCo is far (3 towns away) so we go once every four to six weeks. I only buy my paper products and some food items thatnare cheaper there. Bring your calculator, they unit price in ounces and it is harder to compare. I applaud you for being a special Ed teacher. My daughter was for some time, now she teaches regular school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jane! I hear you on the calculator, some people think they are getting a deal when really they aren't. Winco is less than 2 miles from me, so I am grateful for that. Where I grew up, we drove 100 miles to the nearest Sam's Club once a month, so I know what an ordeal that type of shoppping can be. Safe travels to you.

    ReplyDelete